We have found that the NFH Cod Liver Oil SAP is the best-in-class. However, the product is unflavoured and some people have found that it has a mild fishy taste. At Superfood Babies, palatability and compliance are important to us when choosing which products are best-in-class, especially since we work with pregnant women who have sensitive taste buds, and children. To help ensure this produce is enjoyed by the whole family, we recommend this lemon+ essential oil which can be added to the product to eliminate any taste of fish and even provide a mild and enjoyable lemon flavour.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This specific Lemon+ product by Young Living has been approved for internal use. The plus at the end of the word lemon is important as it indicates that this is the specific lemon product that can be ingested. Most essential oils are not approved for internal use. Therefore, the internal use of other essential oils should always be discussed with a qualified health practitioner.
Each purchase comes with a complimentary phone consultation with a Certified Nutritionist. We would be happy to discuss the various dose options for flavouring your Cod Liver Oil SAP at that time.
Lemon (Citrus limon) peel oil
†100% pure, YLTG essential oil
In addition to flavouring your Cod Liver Oil SAP, this product can be used in many creative ways in the kitchen. Here are some suggestions:
- Add to a cup of warm water or tea to jumpstart your day.
- Fill your water bottle and infuse it with a refreshing twist.
- Add 1 drop in plain yogurt. Top with fresh berries.
- Combine with savoury foods such as chicken, fish, shrimp, and vegetables and with sides such as noodles, rice, or pasta salad.
- Make a simple Lemon/Basil Vinaigrette by adding the following to a blender or food processor: 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp. honey, fresh chopped garlic, ½ cup olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, 3 drops of Lemon+ essential oil, fresh basil to taste. Once mixed, toss a salad in it and serve. This is excellent on Caprese Salad.